Nov 12, 2019 07:00 PM
CC-101, Career Centre, 192 King St. N., Waterloo
Nov 12, 2019 05:00 PM
Join us as we welcome guests who will share their career experiences and advice. Attending this event is a great way to learn about potential career options and expand your professional network.
Please bring your OneCard to this event.
- Heather Bellingham, Talent Acquisition Lead, Bonfire
- Heather has been recruiting for the past 6 years and has agency and in-house experience from Canada and abroad. She's currently the Talent Acquisition Lead at Bonfire Interactive and helped them over double in size in 2018. She loves building teams in the software space, building relationships with candidates and hiring managers to scale and retain teams successfully. When she's not recruiting she's traveling.
- Louis Grenier, Account Manager, Sales, Reynolds and Reynolds
- Brittany McLean, Regional Sales Manager, Ontario, McCain Foods
- Brittany completed her Bachelor of Commerce (Co-op) degree at Memorial University in Newfoundland & Labrador. During her Co-operative program, she had the opportunity to do three internships, two of which were with Scotiabank in Commercial Lending & the other with the Federal Government in economic development. Upon completion of her undergraduate program, Brittany started her career in sales as a Foodservice Sales Representative for McCain Foods Canada. In this role, she managed the sales territory of Newfoundland and Labrador and after 2.5 years she had the opportunity to move Toronto and work out of McCain's head office as a Key Account Manager. Brittany worked as a Key Account Manager in Foodservice for 3 years and has recently taken on her new role as a Regional Sales Manager for Ontario.
- Christian Reilly, District Sales Manager, Flanagan Foodservice Inc.
- Christian has over a decade of successful broadline distribution sales experience in the foodservice industry and currently leads the G.T.A. sales team at Flanagan Foodservice.
- Kyle Walker (BA '11), Sales Director - Market Strategy, Procter & Gamble Inc.
- A graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University with a B.A. in Geography, Kyle currently works at Procter & Gamble, as a Sales Director, Market Strategy on its Canadian Household Paper business. Throughout his 7-year career with Procter & Gamble, Kyle has held several sales roles in both Calgary & Toronto, working across nine different product categories, working with all of Canada's top retailers. Kyle talks often about his P&G success being tied to the foundation he built as an Undergrad at Laurier, both inside and outside the classroom. During his time at Laurier, Kyle was a Residence Life Don for 3 years and served as President & CEO of the Wilfrid Laurier University Students' Union from 2010-2011. Kyle is still actively involved at Laurier, through leading the P&G Laurier Recruiting Team and serving as Secretary/Treasurer of the Wilfrid Laurier University Alumni Association.
We are committed to providing inclusive programs and services to all students and alumni. Please contact us if you require accommodation for a disability.
Each year, the Career Centre hosts a number of speaker panels covering various themes. Attend panels to gain information and advice about a range of careers you may not have previously considered!
2019-20 Speaker Series:
Further expand your network by joining Laurier's hub on laurier.tenthousandcoffees.com, our exclusive networking community of alumni, students, faculty and staff.
- Careers in the Cannabis Industry Speaker Panel - Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Careers in Tech for Non-Tech Majors Speaker Panel - Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Careers in Human Resources - Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Careers in Sales Speaker Panel - Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Careers with International NGOs Speaker Panel - Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- Careers in Health Speaker Panel - Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Careers in Communications Speaker Panel - Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Future of Work Speaker Panel - Tuesday, March 4, 2020
- Careers in Sustainability Speaker Panel - Tuesday, March 10, 2020