Apr 1, 2020 01:00 PM
Mar 31, 2020 03:00 PM
Transferable Skills: Mobilizing Your Skillset - You're more prepared for this than you think.
Do you know what skills employers are seeking? Do you know what transferable skills means? Learn how to make your experiences valuable to an employer. Attend this workshop to help develop your ability to understand and articulate your skills on a resumé and in an interview.
This workshop will be online. The consultant delivering the workshop will email you a link to join the online workshop at least one hour prior to the start of the workshop.
Registration deadline is 3 p.m. the day before the workshop.
Attend three workshops and participate in career development activities and events to earn the Engagement and Employability Certificate, a valuable addition to your resumé and Laurier Experience Record:
We are committed to providing inclusive programs and services to all students and alumni. Please contact us if you require accommodation for a disability.
- Transferable Skills: Mobilizing Your Skillset
- Workplace Expectations: Professionalism Basics
- Network with Confidence: Networking Behind a Screen
- Complete a Mock Interview: Practice Makes Perfect – book an interview skills appointment with a Career Consultant
- Conduct an Informational Interview: Build Your Network – complete on your own and fill out a short questionnaire in Navigator.
- Engage: Experience Events – attend three Career Centre events i.e., Career Fair, Job Fair, Career Centre Speaker Panels, Employer Recruiting Sessions, Further Education Fair